So this evening was the first team workout. Team Challenge has 2 team workouts per week, the one on Wednesday evenings is about building up stamina, so you walk faster than you might normally, etc. Some observations from tonight … I’ll leave it to you to determine if they’re interesting observations or not!
- Walkers can get a bit of the short end of the stick when it comes to warm-up and cool-down stretches, because we finish later than the runners. Hmmm …
- Talking to a fellow walker is a fabulous distraction.
- I loathe planks, but especially side planks.
- Walking on a track is nice. Stretching out on a track (hands and knees on the ground) is ouchy.
- Supposedly, I should be drinking enough water to equal, in ounces, half my weight. So if I weighed 100 pounds (HAHAHAHAHAHA!), I should drink 50 ounces of water a day. I think I’ll drown if I drink the prescribed amount of water for my current weight! Not to mention frequent “bio breaks”.
I’m looking forward to Saturday’s team workout. I think we walk farther than the Wednesday workout, but there are no time trials. It’s more about “going the distance”.