This year we took it easy. I really didn’t want to go all out, after having such a big Thanksgiving dinner and then a cocktail party under my belt. We decided to order a smoked ham from a place in Texas and the rest was pretty low key.
I did decide to make a British bread-and-butter pudding, which was FABULOUS! So much better than standard bread pudding. A definite keeper recipe.
- Smoked ham from Opa’s Smoked Meats
- Baked potato with butter and sour cream
- Broiled asparagus
- Bread-and-butter pudding (Best British Recipes cookbook)
Just Craig and me!
- You need double cream for the b-n-b pudding. Luckily we have a British store just down the street. You can also buy this online. I accidentally used double the amount in the recipe; no wonder this was so good!
- The ham was delicious. We just warmed it up in the microwave, which was heavenly cooking for me! We’d do this again.