I should not have invited guests over after a four-plus hour cooking class. I was exhuasted. That said, Nancy and Aziza are always very easy-going and enjoy any kind of fun evening.
I was pretty annoyed with myself about the grill gas can being empty. It added a level of stress, on top of the exhaustion from my class, that left me drained by day’s end. Oh well … lesson learned!
- Hamburgers with the fixin’s
- Baked potato chips (Trader Joe’s)
- Lattice-topped rhubarb pie (made at the PCI hobby class called “Fruit pies & tarts”)
- Aziza S. [don’t search for her cuz she wants to remain anonymous]
- Nancy Lane
- Always check the gas level in the gas grill before inviting people over for grilled food! How awful to run out. I had to grill on the stovetop. The burgers tasted great by the greasy mess! UGH! Luckily, Craig cleaned it up right after dinner. He won major points with that!
- Baked potato chips from Trader Joe’s: The plain would be great with dip, but are otherwise rather … plain. The BBQ chips are great right out of the bag.
- Dessert was a delicious pie I made that day at a class at the Professional Culinary Institute. Even I have to admit that it looked very impressive. It tasted good, too, although after a few days I was pretty tired of the filling 🙂